Wednesday 2 May 2012

2011 Travels

2011 was the year I travelled to some new places. After not travelling for so long, when it's in your blood, you really feel like something is missing! Also it's a great way of building up stock photos to submit to libraries, to sell or to exhibit!

In April I photographed a hen weekend in Liverpool. After the hen and party had left, I spend most of the day ambling around the city with my camera and came up with these photos here:

Liverpool Football Scarves
Prior to meeting up with the hen party I spent a couple of hours in Chester as I had to change trains. If you ever have the opportunity to change trains and explore somewhere new, I definitely recommend it. It had been a long time since I had been to Chester and was fascinated by the Tudor architecture.

Tudor detail in Chester
In April I photographed a wedding in a castle in Derbyshire. My first pagan wedding with hand tying ceremony. There was a owl and falconry display too before we moved on to the reception venue!

Falonry display Derbyshire
In July, I photographed a wedding in Estonia. Being there for 5 days meant I was able to explore Tallinn to some extent. Tallinn is a medieval town full of interesting architecture and ironmongery! More photos to be added to the Estonia flickr album soon.
Tallinn, Estonia
In September I went on a Metaphysical Art Retreat to Santorini. As well as photographing amazing sunsets, blue skies and beautiful white churches, I spent 24 hours of teachings indoors. I took a ferry from Santorini Island into Piraeus, Athens and spent 3 nights in Athens where I photographed the Acropolis and Temple of Zeus as well as more recent buildings too! More photos here:
Ampitheatre at Acropolis
In the past, I have photographed weddings in Sorrento, Thailand and Florida as well as doing commercial shoots in Morocco and other places too. I love travelling and look forward to doing more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment