Tuesday 1 May 2012

Photolounge at Truman Brewery Exhibition

I exhibited my Mine's a Pint exhibition in Photolounge at the Truman Brewery, East London as part of Photomonth in October 2010.

I was unsure at first what to exhibit but then I thought 'Mine's a Pint' at the Truman Brewery had a certain ring to it! Once it clicked, it definitely made sense! The narrative theme is Working Men's Clubs and beer is an important part of them!

The original Mine's a Pint series consists of 12 frames each landscape, 40 x 50 cm. I kept the same layout and order as I did when I first showed this work at my Degree Show at Westbourne Studios in 2003.(See below).
Westbourne Studios
The space was amazing, a huge redundant warehouse just off Brick Lane in London's trendy East End. An area full of vibrancy, creativity and amazing Asian restaurants. And because I was involved from the start, I was able to choose my exhibition space.  I chose a wall between 2 windows which was in perfect view as you came through the main door. Location is everything! One must think how the viewer thinks and acts in order to make the most of exhibiting. After all, the viewer is the reason behind an exhibition! And you want them to see your work and not walk straight past it!
Truman Brewery
The exhibition ran from Thursday to Sunday with the private view on Thursday evening. This was a huge success with hundreds of people coming and viewing the exhibition. Photobox were exhibiting in the next room with a giant book which was very different!

For more photos see the Mines's A Pint Exhibition Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/minesapintexhibition/

For more of Pixelvixenuk's work see http://www.flickr.com/photos/pixelvixenuk/




No comments:

Post a Comment