Tuesday 1 May 2012

The Old Police Station Exhibition

Working with Patrick Lyons and PH7 Radio, I exhibited my Mine's a Pint series in the Old Police Station in Deptford, London.

This was a pop up exhibition for one night only to correspond with a musical showcase and exhibition by other artists in the old police cells!

I exhibited in the main room where there was a DJ and bar and people generally milling around, sitting, dancing etc. There was no long empty wall to hang my pictures - instead they were dotted around the room which worked really well. I also stuck used bingo tickets to the window to add to the ambience. It was a good experience to do a one-nighter with the actual framed photos. The audience enjoyed the exhibition as it complemented the environment and the other artistic acts.
One of the musical acts 
All images copyright Tracy Howl, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment