Wednesday 15 April 2015

Alexander McQueen review

As an artist, it is always important to stimulate the mind, to view and appreciate the work of other artists, maybe for inspiration, maybe not from the work itself, but how it is presented.
Last week Bianca and I went to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition at the V&A. We both have an interest in fashion, me as a photographer and B as a stylist/PR. We were both blown away by the exhibition, for the stunning content and the most brilliant and creative way it was curated and presented to the public.
Going into each room was like walking onto a different stage set every time, the lighting was superb, wonderful multi-sensory experiences were to be had. I found myself catching my breath several times with surprise. The curatorial team have really done Alexander's work and life, proud. The show is as dramatic and flamboyant as the man was himself.
If you have an interest in Art, Performance, Fashion, Film, Photography or none of the above, I recommend you look beyond the price tag and book a ticket straight away. It is well worth it.



Find out more about the exhibition here

No comments:

Post a Comment