Thursday 27 February 2014

You want me to work for free???

Just had the call we have every day! 

"You come very highly recommended. We love your work. We are a not for profit organisation. We have a Gala Dinner event in a 5 star Central London hotel with 300 people attending. We will promote you and introduce you to influential people. All our high profile speakers are waiving their fee, will you? But we will give you dinner and your expenses"

My thoughts:

Er thank you but no. I have photographed all your high profile speakers. My portfolio is shit hot which is why you have come to me in the first place. The cost of the meal will feed me and my daughter for a week so I'll have that instead. My expenses will be the same as my fee. For that you will get my time, 4 hours at event plus 4 hours editing, 2 hours travel. You will also get my 25 years experience. College & degrees cost money. My pro equipment to hire would cost more than my fee! Then there is insurance and public liability. So if you want me to work for free, it will still cost you!

No comments:

Post a Comment